Friday, October 3, 2008

An exclusive design for Pages For Preemies...

As you know my good friend Karie has started a wonderful service project called Pages for Preemies. The mission is simple. She would like to provide each and every parent of a NICU baby with a completed scrapbook page. So many parents with children in NICU don’t get to touch, hold, kiss or sadly, bring their baby home; a pre-made scrapbook page allowing them to slip a picture of their precious little one is perfect. Parents can hang it on their baby’s crib/incubator and eventually take it home with them to place in a scrapbook or frame.

I am personally not a scrapbooker but have been trying to figure out a way to contribute. I finally came up with the idea to design an "exclusive" bracelet for Pages for Preemies. I will be donating $5.00 from the purchase of every bracelet to Pages for Preemies!

Here is my exclusive design! It will be for sale at the Stamp and Scrap Clubhouse event on Sunday October 12th. It will also be available through my website and here on my blog.

The price for this piece is $35.00.



I chose the three charms for specific reasons in this design.

I chose the "I love to scrap" charm because the women who are creating these pages love scrap booking and they are creating pages for the parents of preemies.
I chose the heart charm because of the love behind this special project.
I chose the rose charm as a symbol of strength. Each baby and family member with a baby in the NICU needs strength.

This cause is very near and dear to my heart. My nephew Austin was born 5 weeks prematurely and spent 10 days in the NICU at birth. Those were some very scary days for us and some of the saddest for me because I could not "hold" him while he was in the NICU. I spent many of nights laying by the phone, waiting for updates. I know that if you have ever had a loved one in the NICU you understand.

No comments:

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara