Monday, July 21, 2008

More Slab Pendant Designs!

This weekend I designed four agate slab pendant necklaces for myself! I just love these pendants and I think the necklaces turned out great!

I wanted to share with you the metaphysical properties of Agate that I found online. Agate comes in reds, browns, yellows, oranges, and blacks, sometimes with banding, stripes or zoning. Agate is good protective stone, especially for children. It also can help strengthen the body and the body's connection to the earth. It can also lessen feelings of envy by grounding the emotions. Agate balances the physical, emotional and intellectual bodies, and balances and cleanses aura. Agate is known to stimulate analytical abilities and perception, while eliminating negativity. It has also been reported to strengthen sight and promote marital fidelity.

Agate is a member of the Chalcedony family. It is a banded stone with a somewhat waxy appearance and is often transparent at the center. It overcomes bitterness of the heart and eliminates inner anger. Agate fosters love, opening the way for positive relationships!

The first design is a natural agate and it has tones of brown and black. I used a variety of seed beads in black, white, clear and metallic.



The second design is a blue agate and it has tones of blue and green. I used a variety of seed beads in blue, green, clear and white.



The third design is a pink agate. I used a variety of seed beads in lime green, pink, hot pink, clear and orange.



The final design is a purple agate and it has tones of blue and purple. I used a variety of seed beads in purple, clear, blue and green.



The price for these necklaces are $35.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful work. I love the big slab pendants.

Linda Jennings said...

I should have had one of these to wear while my "old" girlfriends were in town! *smile*
Love, Mom

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara